Final day for NZIS conference Early-bird Registration
11 September 2015
Today is the final day for early-bird registrations for the Wellington conference 15-15 October. Register at: www.nzisconference.org.nz
The programme has a full entertaining and interesting line-up of presentations and speakers along with a focus on professional streams and of course, the finale Awards conference awards dinner at Te Papa Tongarewa.
- Opening and key updates from the Hon Louise Upston – Minister for Land Information
- Offsite guided tours including the Porirua region's Aotea Development, The Banks, Whitby and Transmission Gully and LINZ Location Information Tour
- Glenn Martin, entrepreneur and inventor will be a highlight as the final conference guest speaker. Inventor of the Martin Jetpack, his presentation promises an inspirational story of tenacity and determination.
- Shamubeel Eaqub, an experienced economist and media commentator who makes economics easy will talk to us about the economy as it relates to the housing market in NZ.
- Greg Ward, one of NZ’s most versatile speakers and entertainers will be this year's Master of Ceremonies for the conference and the source of entertainment at the dinner. Greg is a consummate professional who promises to be entertaining. He works both locally and internationally and was a finalist in the Westpac Business Awards in 2009.
- Natural Hazards and Climate Change insights from NIWA’s Scott Stephens and Rob Bell along with John Hannah andSigrún Hreinsdóttir.
- Richard Harrison and Alex Harrington -Big Builds, Small Details - Lessons learnt from the Canterbury Recovery
- Haydn Reid – The importance of good spatial data
- Graeme Blick, Matt Amos and Russell Turner, LINZ - The Future of Where
- Daniel Leddy, Glenn Stone Insurance - What the new Health and Safety Act means really
- Michael Cutfield - Alice theTunnelBoring Machine (TBM): an update
- Daniel Wiederkehr - Importance of Understanding Accuracy
- Simon Morris, Altus UAS - Drones in Surveying
- Andrew Gardner - Beyond the Point Cloud: Generating effectivedeliverables
- Stuart Farrant,Morphum-The latest on Stormwater Treatment in Land Development
- Megan Wraight,Wraight Associates-Contemporary Landscape Design in Streets
- Brett Gawn and James Wallace, Studio Pacific Architecture -Sunderland at Hobsonville Point: a case study
- Rebecca Kiddle, Victoria University of Wellington -Traditional Maori knowledge: how can it be used in modern urban design?
- Pete Smith -Evolving New Zealand’s Property Information Framework
- Scott King - The LINZ PositioNZ Network
- Emily Tidey -Across the seas: Modern Hydrographic Surveyor Education and Training
- Andrew Price - LINZ LiDAR Investigation.
Details of the speakers and programme can be found on these website pages:
Registration Link: http://www.nzisconference.org.nz/