CPD opportunities are provided to help NZIS members maintain a high standard of professionalism. Courses, workshops, seminars and online webinars are designed to assist with updating and enhancing skills, knowledge and competence. Members are expected to continue their professional development.
Courses and events are open to both members and non-members.
Current CPD events
To see the list of current CPD opportunities and to book, go to:
- National Calendar for current scheduled seminars and events
- Training on Demand for webinars and CPD opportunities online; complete any time at your convenience.
Conference proceedings, photos and archives are available on the NZIS conference website: www.nzisconference.org.nz.
The CPD year goes from 1 July to 30 June. You are required to record your CPD points online through your member Dashboard.
CPD point allocation
You are encouraged to achieve at least 20 points in a 12-month period (1 July to 30 June).
- One hour of participation in a structured professional learning activity is equivalent to 1.0 CPD point.
- One hour of involvement in an unstructured professional learning activity is equivalent to 0.5 CPD point.
- Application for additional points for non-specified activities may be made - email: email@example.com.
For types of point allocation download the sheet below.