NZIS Examinations Panel
The NZIS Examination Panel is responsible for setting and carrying out examinations (on behalf of the Cadastral Survey Licensing Board) to become a Licensed Cadastral Surveyor and to join NZIS as a full Voting Member.
There are two sets of examinations:
- Cadastral Law exam
- Professional Entrance exam (candidates must first sit and pass the Cadastral Law exam).
2017/2018 Exam Dates
Cadastral Law Examinations 2018
The following timetable for the examinations to be held on 15th February 2018 will apply:
- 15 January 2018 - Closing date for applications to sit 2018 Cadastral Law Examination
- 26 January 2018 - Examination Entry and Identification form sent to candidates for 2018 Cadastral Law Examination.
- 2 February 2018 - Assignment for Research component of Cadastral Law Examination forwarded to candidates by email
- 15 February 2018 - Date of 2018 Cadastral Law Examination
- 9 March 2018 (Approximately) - Results of written examination will be sent out when available.
Answer scripts of the written examination will be returned to candidates when available.
Professional Entrance Examinations 2017/2018
- 18 August 2017 - Closing date for any exemptions for November 2017 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 29 September 2017 - Closing date for applications to sit November 2017 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 6 October 2017 - Timetables sent to eligible candidates for November 2017 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 13 November 2017 - Start of November Professional Entrance Examination
- 19 February 2018 - Closing date for any exemptions for April 2018 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 5 March 2018 - Closing date for applications to sit April 2018 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 12 March 2018 - Timetables sent to eligible candidates to sit April 2018 Professional Entrance Examinations
- 9 April 2018 - Start of April Professional Entrance Examinations
Resources for exam entrants
Demystifying the Annual Circular
- 2017 Cadastral Law Exam and Suggested Answers
- 2017 Cadastral Exam Research Assignment and Suggested Answers
- 2017 Cadastral Law Exam Preview
- 2016 Cadastral law Exam Questions & Suggested Answers
- 2016 Research Assignment – Suggested Answers
- 2016 Cadastral law Exam Preview
- 2015 Cadastral Law Exam Questions & Suggested Answers
- 2015 Research Assignment Answers Guide
- 2015 Research Assignment Diagram
- 2015 Research Assignment Text
- Cadastral Only Competency Requirements
- Guidance for Candidates
- Engineering Project Guide (R.Thurlow 2011)
- Astronomy Readings Form (Otago University)