EXTERNAL SPREAD OF FIRE WORKSHOP
This workshop aims to lay a solid foundation of legislative knowledge and underpinning understanding on Fire Safety with specific regards to the external spread of fire. It will be processed based identifying the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders thus giving a holistic understanding of the process as well as improving technical knowledge. Aspects to be covered include:
- Exploring the extent building work and buildings must comply when undergoing change, subdivision, change the use, alterations etc
- Identifying the intent and meaning of the building code performance relevant to external spread of fire, (C3.5, C3.6, C3.7 and C3.8)
- Understanding relevant boundaries to protect freehold allotments, cross lease and company lease/ licence and unit plan,
- Identifying the imposition of notional boundaries to protect sleeping, means of escape, other property
- Looking at how risk is managed within an acceptable solution
- Working through real life examples, putting theory into practice
Presenter: Mike Cox
Mike has been hands on involved in the construction industry for over 30 years working in most disciplines. Builder to Site Manager, Project Manager to Designer, Building Engineer to Building Officer and Government Advisor.
Prior to joining Holmes Farsight Mike was tempted away from the Wellington City Council by MBIE working as a Senior Advisor on the Fire Programme. During this time he gave nationwide advice to Building Officers and Fire Engineers on fire safety and building act matters, ran workshops and presentations, wrote design guides for specialist buildings, restructured the acceptable solutions for fire and more besides.
Mike now looks forward to helping others understand legislation in such a way that promotes efficient, risk informed decision making.
Cost: Members $210 (+ Gst) Non Members $260 (+ Gst)
Duration: 3.5 Hours (3.5 CPD Points)
NOTE: Your CPD points will automatically be added to your Dashboard after the event takes place.
For more information regarding group booking discounts please contact Vanessa Delegat on 04 471 1774 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org