The Spatial Professional Stream was established to represent members with an interest or specialisation in geospatial information. Our aim is to expand, enhance and support the spatial community and provide opportunities for networking, skill development, advocacy, and recognition.
- developing the Spatial Professional Stream – in order to effectively understand and represent the needs of spatial members
- addressing national skills shortages – identifying and addressing skill shortages in the spatial sector through liaison with industry, schools, and tertiary institutions
- building capability – through providing resource and support for continuing professional development programmes to support professional development and address skills gaps
- providing networking opportunities – to build a stronger, more cohesive and more connected geospatial sector
- providing advocacy – to provide a voice for members on priority issues for the sector
- raising awareness and developing relationships – to strengthen the spatial sector and benefit all of our members.