Elected by members, the Council provides governance for NZIS.
Rebecca has been Vice-President for two years and prior to this, was actively involved at the branch level and as a leader of the Young Professionals group.
Based in Auckland, Rebecca’s professional role is Digital Practice Leader at Aurecon NZ - a global engineering and infrastructure advisory company. Her role is to help the organisation to define the way they deliver projects to their clients in the most efficient and consistent way.
- Kathryn Salm – Spatial Professional Stream
- Julia Glass – Land Development and Urban Design Professional Stream
- Michael Cutfield – Engineering Professional Stream
- Christina Hulbe – Tertiary
- Robert Mears – Young Professionals
- Paul Newton – Consulting Surveyors of New Zealand
- Matt Ryder – Cadastral Professional Stream
- Emily Tidey – Hydrography Professional Stream
- Rachelle Winefield – Positioning and Measurement Professional Stream
- Elaine McAlister – Women in Surveying/Spatial
- Daniel Williams – General Councillor
The Board is responsible to the Council and members for organisational health and prosperity.
- Andrew Stirling (Chair)
- Michelle Bain
- Jordan Alexander (Independent)
- Simon Jellie
- Rebecca Strang (As President)
- Daniel Williams
- Thomas Gibbons (Independent)
Audit & Risk Committee
- Andrew Stirling
- Syd Beguely (Independent)
- Mark Goodin
- Bruce Kiddle
- Hadyn Smith
NZIS has 16 regional branches and one in Hong Kong.