NZIS helps to connect people requiring a survey or spatial professional with our members.
We promote growth, innovation and excellence in all facets of surveying and spatial in New Zealand. Our mission is to lead and foster a vibrant sector that allows the surveying and spatial profession to grow and positively influence our communities.
NZIS has been the national body representing members in New Zealand since1888. Today, we are still an incorporated society dedicated to preserving and developing the integrity and status of the surveying and spatial sector.
We monitor and maintain the professional and ethical conduct of surveyors in New Zealand.
Our aim is to expand, enhance and support professional skills.
What we do
- promote and encourage ethical conduct of the profession
- protect and enhance the integrity and status of the surveying and spatial professions
- protect and promote the interests of surveying and spatial professions
- protect and promote the interests of the public in regard to work undertaken by members
- promote greater awareness of the value and benefits of surveying and spatial information
- promote careers in surveying and spatial information
- provide opportunities for the acquisition and communication of knowledge
- advocate on land law, surveying and spatial issues
- identify, inform and influence decision makers on national and community issues.
We have 16 regional branches supporting members through:
- professional streams and special interest groups
- a CEO and National Office based in Wellington, NZ
- an elected President and Council
- an operational Board reporting to the Council.
The Unitas crest has been used since the incorporation of NZIS - it represents unity of members.