NZIS is governed by an elected Council and an operational Board. The Council provides governance and advises on the management of NZIS affairs.The Board is responsible to the Council and the membership for the organisation's health and prosperity.
Day to day business activities are managed by the CEO and National Office staff based in Wellington.
The Board sets the medium-term direction of NZIS and monitors management's performance on behalf of stakeholders. The Board ensures;
- there is a strategic direction
- policies, products, services and programmes are appropriate and relevant
- NZIS has the capacity to implement policy and manage its affairs
- risks are understood and policies are in place to manage them
- NZIS goals, processes and consequent accomplishments are communicated to the Council and members.
Reports from the NZIS executive
President, Board and CEO
- 2017 National Office Structure
- CEO Surveying the Scene - 26 July 2017
- Board Chairman's End of Year Message - 20 June 2017
- President's Message - 6 December 2016
- CEO – Surveying the Scene – 4 July 2016
- Board Chairman's Message – 21 June 2016
- President's Update #3 – 26 April 2016
Year Book and Annual Report
- 2017 Year Book and Annual Report-Revised
- 2016 Year Book and Annual Report
- 2015 Year Book and Annual Report
2017 Annual General Meeting: 15 November 2017
- Draft Minutes of 129th NZIS AGM
- Final Notice of 2017 AGM
- Memo - Stakeholder Workshop 15 Nov 2017
- Memo - Leader's Insight into NZIS 14 Nov 2017
- Second Notice of 2017 AGM
- First Notice of 2017 AGM
- Minutes of 128th NZIS AGM
Board and Council Meeting Dates
- 2016 - 2017 Report to NZIS Business Plan - Feb 2017
- 2016 – 2017 NZIS Business Plan
- 2016 - 2017 Budget
Audit and Risk Committee
The NZIS rules are being updated to NZIS Policy documents. Until all the updates are completed the Rules still apply to members by default.
- NZIS Policy A126 - Commercial Partnership Exclusivity
- NZIS Policy A10 – Registered Professional Surveyor Admission
- NZIS Policy A11 – NZIS Membership
- NZIS Policy A19-24 – Conduct of Members
- NZIS Policy - Continuing Professional Development
A complete guide to assist leaders of branches, streams, special interest groups (SIG) or divisions. It includes support material and templates for all the key functions. The guide and various templates are available in the Members Resources section.
Social Media Guide
A comprehensive guide with useful and practical information for members who are posting individually or planning to get active in social media for their own organisations.