2018 GAS TESTING COURSES
If you complete land development design and submit applications for engineering works and certification to Watercare and/or Auckland Council the below training will be required to meet work authorisation requirements.
Unit Standard Training
Training to standard AS/NZS 2865:2009, gas testing requirements for working in a confined space.
Learning outcomes: -
- Legislative requirement, to provide a safe working environment.
- Reasons for gas testing.
- Terminology used and its meaning.
- Types and properties of hazardous gases.
- Sources and effects of hazardous gases
- Understand types of gas sensors and their operation.
- Sensor faults and sensor protection
- Understand the effects of gasses specific gravity.
- Theory related to Practical use of gas monitors.
- Carry out pre-start checks on a gas monitor
- Carry out a practical gas test.
- Complete documentation for recording gas tests.
Competent trainees receive units entered onto NZQA framework, a certificate of competency and a plastic wallet card with unit standards achieved.
2018 Session Three - Tuesday 6th March
Time: 7:00am to 11:30am
Venue: ACT Safety Ltd, 61B Water Street, Otahuhu
Cost: Members $250 (+ Gst) Non Members $280 (+ Gst)
Duration: 4.5 Hours (4.5 CPD Points)
NOTE: If you have registered as an individual your CPD points will automatically be added to your Dashboard after the event takes place.
For more information or booking difficulties please email: firstname.lastname@example.org